Now that spring is finally, officially here, everyone starts thinking about ways to refresh and renew their homes. Even if you just do a few of these improvements, you'll feel fresher and lighter and have a renewed outlook - and isn't that what spring is all about?
springify your home
Some of the best ways to give your home a spring update...
- Reface your driveway - a new coat of sealant will instantly step up your curb appeal
- Repaint or restain your front door and garage doors--or, if you're ready for an update, replace them altogether.
- Plant bright spring flowers in planters and around the bases of trees, or try a spring wreath on the front door
- Have your windows and screens washed, inside and out, to let the spring sun shine in.
- Have your gutters cleaned to avoid possible back-ups and flooding during spring showers
- Paint - touch up, or repaint the entire house, or just do the shutters or window frames - it's guaranteed to give your home a whole new look
- Wash your patio furniture - before you know it, you'll be grilling in the yard and ready to dine and entertain al fresco!
- Clean out your air ducts and have your HVAC systems serviced
- Shampoo your rugs and carpets, and any upholstered furniture that's in need
- Clean out your garage! Sweep and powerwash the floors and get rid of any old toys and items that the kids have outgrown or haven't been used (or missed!) in a year.
- Again - paint! This is a relatively inexpensive way to freshen up or even change the entire look of a room. Try some fun new spring colors
- Re-arrange your furniture to fight the boredom - consider employing some of the principles of "feng shui" to bring some harmony and balance into your home - which I am always looking for!
- Replace your duvet and bedding to something lighter and crisper as we come out of hibernation--do the same with your towels
- Put a new rug and fun umbrella holder by the front door to corral wet and muddy springtime accessories